Application Production Support Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONLeads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technical environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with Technology management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the support delivery process. employees in this job code do not manage people. This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
THE CORE SET OF TECHNICAL SKILLS THAT ARE BENEFICIAL IN THE ROLE ARE:
* Operating systems: Solaris, Linux, Windows
* Scriptinglanguages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
* SQL (Intermediate level: multi-table joins, grouping results, etc...)
* Grid computing and batch management
* Well rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging)
RELEVANT AREAS OF BUSINESS EXPERTISE WOULD INCLUDE:
* Product knowledge - Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities, Credit, Mortgage-backed Securities, Interest Rate Derivatives
* Electronic trading and exchange connectivity
* Market data distribution
* Risk delivery