This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Proto Labs, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Proto Labs (PRLB) is a leading online and technology enabled quick-turn manufacturer. Our technology, innovation and people have made us the world's fastest manufacturer of custom prototype and low-volume parts. Proto Labs revolutionized our industry by developing proprietary computing technologies and automated manufacturing processes that enable us to create "Real Parts, Really Fast".
Our 3D Printing division, located in North Carolina's Research Triangle Park makes custom prototype and production parts for companies worldwide using Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing technologies. We have a fast-growing, high-energy team of associates who work together in a friendly environment.
The Applications Specialist (AS) effectively manages incoming standard 3D Printing projects for on-time delivery of quality parts to meet or exceed customer expectations; and evaluates customer requirements using customer supplied 3D CAD models. The Applications Specialist (AS) also collaborates with production departments to generate accurate pricing quotations and initiate orders. Additionally, this position provides technical guidance to sales and external customers regarding process capabilities and limitations; and resolves customer issues.
Specific duties include:
* Evaluates customer requirements to best manage expectations for standard 3D Printing projects.
* Analyzes customer supplied 3D CAD data
* Proactively resolves anticipated production challenges
* Generates accurate and timely pricing quotations and initiates orders using a custom CRM system
* Provides technical guidance to sales and external customers regarding process capabilities and limitations
* Effectively communicates with customer using a consultative approach via email or phone in a timely manner.
* Coordinates with sales, production and other departments to achieve on-time delivery of quality parts.
* Effectively resolves customer post-sale issues in a timely manner
* Effectively use all work instructions and checklists associated with processing customer quotes and orders
* Assist the customer in working through recommended or required changes to their 3D CAD model to help them take advantage of Proto Labs value.
* Evaluates and manages customer quality issues by collaborating with the quality team when needed.
* Effectively uses all work instructions and associated documentation when evaluating customer quotes.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Formal education (BA/BS degree), preferably with a technical focus, or equivalent experience.
* Must possess a strong technical aptitude
* Strong Ability to communicate technical information to others at various levels
* Exposure to CAD modeling programs and ability to visualize 3-Dimensional parts based on CAD data.
* Experience with a Windows computing environment as well as the ability to learn custom software packages.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills to maintain a cordial and professional demeanor when working with customers, other departments and team members.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Good understanding of 3D Printing processes preferred
* Customer service experience in a manufacturing environment
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer