Application Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Artech Information Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe ideal candidate has a strong Linux Administration background along with scriptingexperience (BASH, Python, Pearl, etc.). Operations experience is also a plus.
We are looking for an APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER to operate and help innovate our most advanced, all-IP video delivery platforms.
AS AN ASE YOU WILL collaborate to identify and resolve issues impacting customers and apply your growing expertise to improve operational efficiency, increase system uptime and enable new innovation. Along the way, you will practice and evangelize an ethic of constant improvement within the team.
Day-to-day 24x7 support of the IP based video solution provided to our customers
Work with engineering teams on more efficient ways to automate and operate our infrastructure
Assist in all deployments of new services, and capacity augments
Development and maintain a capacity model for our growing Cloud architecture
Participate in the ground up design and planning for all future products and services for Client's IP Video platform
Troubleshooting errors with proprietary and open source applications in production and pre-production environments
Troubleshoot infrastructure and network issues as possible causes of poor service performance
Investigate potential problems (Splunk log diving, reproducing issues, bug writing and tracking) and simple network traces and troubleshooting
Identifying, implementing, and documenting of technical SOPs for maintenance tasks
Monitor the health and status of systems under your management
Ability to create and maintain policies, standards and overall system documentation
* Respond to alerts, including those escalated to you by our Product Support team
* Contribute in writing and in person to root case analysis meetings as part of process improvement.
* Support code deployments into Production environments
* Work closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for critical "internal customers" -- video and metadata engineering, Business and Product
* Provide occasional, scheduled 24/7 escalation support as part of an on-call team
* Occasional day and over-night travel for training and cross-team meetings