Application Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: Application Support Engineer
LOCATION: Denver, CO
TYPE:Contract - 12 Months
Partner's Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking an Application Support Engineer to operate and help innovate advanced, all-IP video delivery platforms. Youwill work with a new, small and fast-moving team of world-class experts who are innovating in end-to-end video delivery. The team thrives on big challenges, results, quality and agility. This role reports into Operations and requires close coordination with critical internal customers in Engineering/ Operations (Big Data, Video Delivery, Mobile Applications, Networking, Security) and Program Management, as well as exceptional leaders across the enterprise. Success in this role is characterized by a higher speed-to-market with fewer customer-facing defects and outages.
* Collaborates to identify and resolve issues impacting customers and applies growing expertise to improve operational efficiency, increase system uptime and enable new innovation.
* Deploys, maintains and improves the IP Video infrastructure, which includes tracing defects through a cutting-edge service-oriented architecture to find root cause.
* Develops scripts and utilities to automate data collection from the Production environment; supports code deployments into Production environments.
* Evaluates new code releases for basic reliability and systems integration support, providing guidance to QA teams who will perform functional and load testing.
* Rolls out the video delivery infrastructure.
* Provides day-to-day 24x7 support of the IP-based video solution.
* Works with Engineering teams on more efficient ways to automate and operate infrastructure.
* Assists in all deployments of new services and capacity augments.
* Develops and maintains a capacity model for growing Cloud architecture.
* Participates in the ground-up design and planning for all future products and services for an IP Video platform.
* Troubleshoots errors with proprietary and open source applications in production and pre-production environments.
* Troubleshoots infrastructure and network issues as possible causes of poor service performance.
* Investigates potential problems (Splunk log diving, reproducing issues, bug writing and tracking) and simple network traces and troubleshooting.
* Identifies, implements and documents technical SOP's for maintenance tasks.
* Monitors the health and status of assigned systems.
* Creates and maintains policies, standards and overall system documentation.
* Responds to alerts, including those escalated by Product Support team.
* Contributes in writing and in person to root case analysis meetings as part of process improvement.
* Works closely with Peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for critical "internal customers" - Video and Metadata Engineering, and Business and Product.
* Practices and evangelizes an ethic of constant improvement within the team.
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
* 5+ years of Service Operations experience.
* Experience with a variety of software and hardware operating environments, including Cisco UCS Chassis as well as standalone application servers.
* Experience with Couchbase, Apache Wed Services, video transcoding, video stream package management and DRM technologies.
* Strong Linux Administration background.
* Experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl or Bash).
* Familiarity with at least one monitoring/ logging tool (e.g. Splunk, OP5, Nagios or DynaTrace).
* Operations experience is a plus.
* Expert at troubleshooting complex technical issues.
* Good communicator and able to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies.
* Great design and problem-solving skills.
* Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment; constantly adapts to moving targets.
Partner's Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client's requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success.