Application Support Programmer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
BMC HealthNet Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Application Support team supports business applications used by BMCHP Business areas. The Application Support team is the primary point of contact for all application issues and will triage problems, documents research findings and coordinates fixes with the BMCHP Application Development team or Vendor support/development teams as appropriate. The Application Support Programmer Analyst II analyses application errors and data discrepancies to determine root cause. Therefore, they must exhibit excellent diagnostic and analytical skills, the ability to multi-task and has experience in the healthcare industry.
* Provides support of applications used by the BMCHP business areas including the interchange of data between BMCHP and external partners and internal systems.
* Responsible for the on-going operations, support and maintenance of production applications.
* Responsible for understanding and supporting the integration points between applications and to provide support of those applications by understanding the business processes they support.
* Assumes a leadership role in providing statuses and problem resolutions between IT and the Business Units.
* Works with business representatives, IT Developers, Vendors and management to ensure supported applications are working as needed.
* Troubleshoot and support batch jobs, loading and extracting of data to and from systems and vendors, working with the EDI team.
* Supports QA and Business Integration teams with batch jobs and file loads in non-production environments.
* A minimum of five years of experience in the support of software systems is required, including multi-tiered client server applications and web-based applications, services and objects.
* Experience with EDI and data translation tools (preferable BizTalk)
* A minimum of four years experience supporting applications using relational databases such as SQL required.
* Experience with T-SQL, Visual Studio and relational data model.
* VB Scripting experience.
* Experience working with vendors and business sponsors.
* Understanding of HIPAA X12 transactions.
* Background in the healthcare industry.
* Diagnostic and analytical skills
* Experience with Trizetto Facets and McKesson CCMS desirable.
* Experience providing support in a technical customer-service role.
* Experience with Tidal Enterprise Job Scheduler preferred.