Application Support Specialist 8/31/2016
Verizon Wireless Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Technician - Systems is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, maintenance, deployment, training and support of NSS Applications including secure element access applications, security applications and related components, protocol usage, scripting and more, in a project and production support environment.
Primary skills required:
ThIS JOB POSTING IS SEEKING APPLICATION OPERATIONS SUPPORT PERSONNEL ACROSS 4 CRITICAL APPLICATIONS, ALTHOUGH DEVELOPMENT SKILLS ARE NEEDED CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE PROVIDING INTERNAL END USER SUPPORT IN AN ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENT.
* PROVIDE 1ST TIER PRODUCTIONS SUPPORT OF THE CENTRAL ACCESS REQUEST MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (DELL ONE IDENTITY MANAGER), PRIVILEGED ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT (CYBER-ARK PIM SUITE), AND PHYSICAL ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM (QUANTUM SECURE SAFE) AND SECURE ACCESS NETWORK ELEMENTS (SANE) SECURITY APPLICATIONS
* Troubleshoot, deploy, administer and maintain multiple applications at one time
* Provide quality support to a varied user community via Remedy, email and voice communications
* Maintain system environments, scripting and configuration changes
* Research problems and support other internal groups and vendors
* Respond to, research and resolve trouble reports and system alarms to determine problem severity and diagnose, determine and execute appropriate response actions
* Evaluate alarming structures and determine optimal ways to proactively recognize trouble
* Responsible for analyzing problems, developing solutions and making decisions that impact projects
* Consistently looks to recognize application deficiencies and recommend changes to development teams
* Participates in cross-functional projects as scheduled
* Ensure systems implementations occur in accordance with the established Change Control procedures
* Proactively communicate status reports and issues to management
* Availability 8am - 8pm EST to provide EDN/West Coast support, along with off hours depending on project needs and maintenance windows
* On-call rotation duties are required for 24X7 system support
Minimum Associates degree, 2-year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required. Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems is preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols is required.
* Required technical and analytical:
o Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 OS Administration