Application Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
FX IT focuses on the development and support of systems and processes for Global Banking and Markets FX business worldwide. FX IT is currently made up of staff based in London, New York, Canada and Asia.
The candidate will be responsible for providing front-line support for HSBC's FX IT systems, primarily supporting the USA on-line day, although the role will be part of a Global Team providing follow the sun support to Europe and Asia when necessary.
This role will be focused on providing Business facing support to the FXO Trading, Sales, Quant and Middle Office desks based in New York. This will include providing up to date documentation via confluence, Geneos monitoring, and usage of eRTC.
There will be a need to provide on-call support on a rota basis.
The Bank's primary FX trading platforms are in-house built.
The successful candidate will undertake in the following;
* Front line support of a 24/5.5 production of the FX systems for both internal and external clients. Incident and problem resolution, maintenance and deployment of application software
* Ensure all production incidents, service requests and problems logged and resolved in the banks systems
* Producing and using SQL queries to provide adhoc requested information to stake holders and assist in problem resolution
* Help maintain an information repository of application support material that can be accessed by support resources
* Operate as part of a shift rota, covering the hours of 07:00 - 18:30 EST including some bank holidays
* Weekend and evening coverage as required
* Working with CTB teams to ensure knowledge transfer via documentation and/or training is received before projects move from CTB to RTB
* Liaison between 2nd and 3rd line teams globally, as well as development and other IT infrastructure departments to implement solutions for the futures front office
* Be able to provide incident and problem management
* Act in a strict change management regime, involving testing in UAT and like-live environments and weekend or evening releases
* Perform weekend application upgrade, configuration and patching across multiple environments in line with requirements
* Regular communications with client base to provide status updates, successful solutions as well as documenting all activities for future reference
* Be able manage communication/relationship with 3rd party vendors
* Pro-actively Monitor alerts to respond to potential incidents in a timely fashion
* Work in a rota to do Sunday afternoon checkouts of the systems and resolution and/or escalation of any issues to ensure their stability before the futures exchanges open on Sunday evening
IMPACT ON THE BUSINESS
Working to resolve problems and incidents to enable the operation to continue to run and deliver service effectively by eradicating recurrences with the minimum disruption to the business;
Participate in Major Incident Reviews and Service Improvement Programs as required;
Provide user support to user groups to determine operations support needs and to ensure smooth project implementations;
Ensure that processes are being adhered to by the service agreement managers, reviewing reports and escalating issues to management;
For new solutions oversee migration plans taking due consideration of existing service requirements;
Control projects and resources that vary in scale and complexity to meet changing objectives;
OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section 4 of the Group Operations FIM.
OBSERVATION OF INTERNAL CONTROLS
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training are in place and training is provided, and optimising relations with regulators.
* Graduate level computing qualification
* Understanding of the FX trading business, FX trading, pricing and risk platforms.
* Support experience in an investment banking environment working with front office staff
* Experience of working in a high pressure environment
* Strong UNIX/LINUX knowledge
* Good database knowledge: SQL, Access, Oracle, Sybase
* Knowledge of scripting and programming (esp SQL, UNIX/PERL scripting, java, C, C++)
* 3+ years supporting FX front office trading and pricing systems
* Scripting and programming knowledge to assist in troubleshooting
* Must be analytical and have excellent troubleshooting skills
* Willingness to take ownership for problem resolution and additional responsibilities where applicable
* Good communication skills, Must be able to interact and work well with traders, back office personnel, vendors, futures business and other IT teams
* Customer facing skills - to be able hold one's own in discussions with demanding front office users
* Experience managing 3rd party suppliers
* Process excellence - a passion to achieve results though effective organization and process disciplines
* Ability to negotiate agreements and maintain effective business partnerships with peer support & operations groups.
* Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure for periods, individually and as part of a team
* Strong investment banking background that includes application support in a front-office environment
* Understanding of futures and options trading and clearing
* Understanding of Capacity Management with ability to analyze current and future performance requirements
* Experience with Geneos Monitoring
Job Field: Information Technology
Primary Location : North America-United States-New York-New York
Shift: Day Job
TYPE OF VACANCY : Country vacancy