Application Technical Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
West Bend Mutual
West Bend, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLICATION TECHNICAL LEAD
Provides thought leadership and technical expertise around the particular technology offering to the overall West Bend IT division. Provides thought leadership on implementation of workload management, and other leading edge technology concepts. Oversees and provides input to definition and regular review of the requirements for performance, capacity and scalability metrics for the technology offering. Monitors health of the overall technology offering on a daily basis. Communicates identified issues, recommended solution approach, estimated time to resolution and status of resolution initiatives to IT Management. Facilitates timely resolution to all identified technical issues related to the particular technology offering. Oversees and provides input to definition and regular review of appropriate Key Performance Indicators for the technology offering. Oversees and provides input to the Application Life Cycle Management of the technology offering. Establishes and enforces appropriate reporting processes supporting visibility to the health of the technology offering.
* Works with Enterprise Architecture to determine solution approach on technology solutions implemented, when applicable
* Provides technology oversight, manages technology related objectives and issues across the platform
* Works with peers to ensure alignment of business, technology and execution at the platform level
* Accountable for architecture-related deliverables
* Evaluate and refine methodologies / approaches to the technical work
* Participates in and/or facilitates discussions to resolve conflicting opinions on technology direction when necessary
* Provides direction and/or input into planning and project change requests
* Responsible for working with Resource Managers to recommend sourcing for roles and provides feedback
* Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to team members
* Proactively manages platform-level issues escalates as appropriate
* Accountable for devising and executing delivery of support items
* Ensures that platform related 3rd party technical vendor relationships are effectively managed and delivering as expected
* 7 - 10+ years experience with managing a technology offering, problem management, or IT management/leadership.
* Demonstrated knowledge of technical implementation process (SDLC), from business requirements, through development (.Net) and testing, solution implementation, and performance tuning.
* Demonstrated ability to inquisitively identify, digest and question issues that may seem out of the norm.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
* Excellent facilitation skills focusing on ability to concisely define a problem, identify potential solution options with corresponding pros and cons of each option.
* Ability to champion an issue, draw attention to the potential impacts and attain buy-in from involved parties in order to motivate and accelerate focus and resolution.
* Ability to work in a team environment and build strong working relationships at all levels within the division.
* Ability to drive issues through various teams and individuals, tracking activity to ensure active engagement through resolution.
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically, self-start, and accept challenges positively.
* Experience with database design and/or re-design from a performance and proficiency perspective.
* Experience in capacity planning/sizing and overall solution architecture.
* Experience with strategies to performance tune multiple technologies in a solution stack.
* General SQL knowledge and understanding of relational databases