Application Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As an Application Test Engineer, you will be working in an energetic and agile environment within the Microsoft technology stack.
The Application Test Engineer is responsible for architecting, developing, and evangelizing an end to end testing framework. Working directly with the development teams to ensure system changes are reliable and testable based upon the needs of each technical stack to allow teams meet their goals to provide exceptional IT services to our business customers.
We work in an environment that encourages individual initiative, leadership at all levels, and team-based continuous improvement void of hierarchy and bureaucracy. We are excited to see individual contributors going beyond expectations and we celebrate our successes as a team!
* Design and implementation of an end-to-end testing framework that is used for:
o Automated tests
o Regression tests
o Functional tests
o Pre and post deployment tests to our development to production environments
* Work with each development team understanding inputs and outputs needed to hook into the overall framework.
* Evangelize and train technical QA's or developers to expand upon each teams testing solution.
* Ability to adapt to each teams testing requirements using multiple tools or custom development.
We are a Microsoft development shop and you will be working with applications built using:
* .NET 4.0+
* SQL Server
* Visual Studio 2013+
* ASP.NET Web API
* Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
You will not be tied to any one technology - decisions are team driven and the best testing strategy will prevail based upon your and your team's recommendations for the task at hand.
* Solid knowledge of best practices, processes, and tools required to support the application lifecycle management.
* Application developer skill set.
* Strong written, spoken, and interpersonal communication skills, transparency among team members.
* Team player with a positive, open-minded, gets it done attitude.
* Passionate and up-to-date on the latest technologies, frequent local community events.
* Able to learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
* Integration with existing in-house deployment solution.
* Build up and tear down of test environments.
* Basically an overall testing Ninja.
* Four-year computer science or engineering degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of development experience preferred.
* 2+ years' experience in designing and executing automated software.
* Prior experience with agile development and methodologies.
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, quick to change environment.