Applications Analyst III- Grand Central
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
We are looking for a passionate and creative team member to focus on the Epic Grand Central application initiatives at Houston Methodist. In this role, you will make a difference on the team of Grand Central analysts developing workflows, system configurations, and acting as a liaison to all areas of the hospital when utilizing the software. The ideal team member will be responsible for supporting the vision, analysis, development, implementation and support of Houston Methodist s Epic Grand Central Application.
* Knowledge of business operations for Admitting, Bed Management, EVS, Transport
* Support the design, build and configuration of supported applications
* Plan, facilitate, and coordinate workflow discussions, design sessions and implementation strategies for assigned applications
* Research, analyze and make recommendations for application work flow improvements
* Ensure the integrity, integration and stability of the applications
* Create and analyze reports created using multiple reporting mechanisms
* Coordinate application upgrades with technical teams
* Attend various meetings including departmental, application, project or others as needed
* RTE experience a plus
* Facility Structure experience a plus
The Application Analyst III performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Application Analyst III possesses the skills to expertly troubleshoot system problems and coordinate solutions with vendors. The Application Analyst III works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
2. Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications.
3. Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
4. Leads and facilitates meetings as well as develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
5. Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training.
1. Debug, program and test computer systems and applications.
2. Support and install software applications, including on call support
3. Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
4. Works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance their understanding of available to tools to promote operational efficiencies.
5. Adheres to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
1. Provide Technical Support for Application Assigned
2. Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues.
3. Consistently leads medium to large scale projects, including budgets, as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO.
1. Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
2. Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
3. Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively.
4. May have some budgetary responsibilities
1. Demonstrates Ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
2. Anticipates client needs before they arise and communicates them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development
3. Resolves problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
5+of experience in Healthcare with IT Experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Understands business processes and requirements as related to the assigned (clinical or business) environment.
Experience in supporting large scale clinical and ancillary systems
Familiar with database and operating systems including Windows, Intel, Unix, AIX, Oracle, SQL
Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications
High level competency in multiple applications or areas of clinical workflow.
Demonstrated project management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.