Applications Analyst III- Epic Ambulatory/ Provider Solutions 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Application Analyst III performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, training and supporting customers and junior analysts with the operation and administration of systems. The Application Analyst III possesses the skills to expertly troubleshoot system problems and coordinate solutions with vendors. The Application Analyst III works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies. Responsibilities may include creating custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues. The Application Analyst III will take a lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems within related IT teams and conduct appropriate change management. The Application Analyst III is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department support. The Application Analyst III applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
* Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1.Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
2.Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications.
3.Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
4.Leads and facilitates meetings as well as develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
5.Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training.
6.Ability to lead communication between business stakeholders, technical resources and third parties for business requirements and technical solutions.
1.Debug, program and test computer systems and applications.
2.Support and install software applications, including on call support
3.Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
5.Adheres to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
6.Working knowledge of the workflow of a physician office and leverage that knowledge to logically apply electronic solutions to enhance those needs.
1.Provide Technical Support for Application Assigned
3.Consistently leads medium to large scale projects, including budgets, as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO.
4.Understanding of standard processes and documentation responsibilities relative to issue management, change management, testing, training, and documentation
* Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
* Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
3.Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively.
4.May have some budgetary responsibilities
1.Demonstrates Ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
2.Anticipates client needs before they arise and communicates them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development
3.Resolves problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
5+of experience in Healthcare with IT Experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor s degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Ambulatory EMR/ PM and related systems (Epic Amb Certification preferred)
* Knowledgable in MyChart, Link; Healthy Planet and/or Haiku/Canto
* Full life cycle system deployments
* Knowledge of system deployment, testing, and training solutions
* Knowledge of system upgrades, fixes, and enhancements
* Knowledge of MyChart, Link, Haiku/ Canto
* Skilled in customer support.
* Working knowledge of the workflow of a physician office and leverage that knowledge to logically apply electronic solutions to enhance those needs.
* Strong analytical, logic, verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate proficiency in supported computer systems and business processes.
* Ability to lead communication between business stakeholders, technical resources and third parties for business requirements and technical solutions.
* Strong backend configuration and modification skills of respective applications.
* Able to develop and run SQL queries with variety of third party tools and SQL Server tools.
* Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare applications
* High level competency in multiple applications or areas of clinical workflow.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.