Applications Architect 9/16/2016
Sidley Austin LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Applications Architect will be the technical leader for our PeopleSoft and other Human Capital Management initiatives within Sidley Austin. This will include designing, building and maintaining customizations, enhancements, interfaces, and portal integrations. This role will be a key stakeholder in determining the strategic future of Sidley s Human Capital Management systems making them more efficient, more robust, user-friendly, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in the creation and review of future architecture to ensure systems are optimized, high quality and robust.
* Maintaining the functionality of integrations with a variety of other systems including internal web portals, billing systems, performance management systems, and others.
* Provide technical expertise in evaluating PeopleSoft releases and other HCM systems in order to support HR needs, taking into account requirements of other IT initiatives such as intranet sites, financial systems, business intelligence, and others.
* Ensure the technical solutions in the ERP/HCM space meet the business needs in the most effective, efficient, and technically appropriate way.
* Work with IT Program Management to develop HR technology strategy and roadmap by evaluating and considering alternative technology options that are available in the market
* Ensure timely customer-focused responses to enhancement requests, troubleshooting assistance, and other technical requests.
* Provide ongoing development services in the PeopleSoft environment and its integrated systems.
* Select, interview, and collaborate with external consultant resources to complete backlog of production work, enhancement requests and support issues. Guide the external resources to ensure a high standard of quality following IT best practices.
* Develop and maintain PeopleSoft code utilizing the appropriate technologies (PeopleTools, SQR, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, etc.) needed to meet the stated requirements. Code using appropriate programming principles and standards in order to support re-use and readability. Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs.
* Support all testing needs. This includes developing and coordinating unit test plans, working with QA to support system testing, helping stage test data, and helping coordinate tests within and across various systems and platforms for large projects.
* Provide thorough technical documentation including design and technical documentation for assigned projects. Follow standards for internal documentation of new or modified objects to facilitate future upgrades. May assist in writing on-line help manuals, user manuals, operations documentation and FAQs for specific software projects.
* Other duties as required.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft Human Capital Manager
* Strong understanding of the PeopleSoft application architecture including table structure, design standards, protocols, and delivered objects.
* Solid understanding of the following PeopleSoft technologies:
* PeopleTools (v8.5 or above)
* Application Engine
* Component InterfacesWeb Services
* Working knowledge of HR systems for a large global organization.
* Understanding of system development life cycles and strategic planning for future systems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
* Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
* Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
* A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
* Exercises confidentiality and discretion
* Ability to analyze technical solutions and propose sound conclusions to a variety of issues and/or requirements
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer