Applications Developer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a leading retail brand name is in search of an Applications Developer.
This person will be responsible for developing, maintaining, documenting, and supporting IT applications to support the retail and customer systems within the company. Analyst will use technology and tools supported by company standards. Analyst will be expected to develop code from business or functional specifications. Analyst will develop test plans to prove system effectiveness as well as participate in implementation planning and implementation of system enhancements. Position will focus on systems surrounding the retail and store environment specifically including but not limited to; Point of Sale, sales audit, customer engagement, store associate support and information provision, perpetual inventory management, and secure payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Do custom software development in supported technology tools as assigned
* Write complete and effective test plans and execute these plans to prove functionality of all software developed.
* Take part in Implementation planning and implementation of moderate to complex software changes to internal systems.
* Take part in support rotation for level 2 support of the Point of Sale register software. This entails analysis and resolution of software related problems that are unable to be solved by the front line help desk and to recommend and install solutions to eliminate problems that occur with any frequency.
* Take part in support rotation for corporate run systems running in production approximately once every 9 weeks.
* Do systems analysis to make recommendations for enhancements or answer business questions as directed by Project Manager.
* Estimate effort required to write, test, and implement programs. Estimate effort to do systems analysis on a given problem and be able to report on this progress toward meeting deadlines.
* Learn, take part in integrating, and support third party vendor packages that may purchase to further enhance our business applications.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related discipline with 3-5 years of experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Program development
* Test Plan development and execution
* Systems Analysis
* Problem Solving
* Strong collaborator and a team player.
* Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate with the business and with other members of the IT staff.
* Strong documentation skills for system development and system user documentation.
* Project management
* Programming experience
* System Design experience including system documentation in the form of Data Flow Diagrams
* Ability to write and interpret process and program specs and convert into efficient code
* Strong testing skills and experience. Analyst should have the ability to identify all conditions that can occur in a given application and document a test plan that effectively lists and proves these conditions were successful.
* Experience with Point of Sale packages is a plus. GNC uses Epicor, but experience with other POS packages also valuable.
* Ability to learn, integrate, and support third party packages.
* Analyst should have the ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly as the business grows and technology evolves. Analyst should have the ability to learn and work independently with new concepts and apply them effectively in their job.
* Must have strong time management and planning skills. Be able to multi task effectively and potentially take part in multiple projects over the same time frame.
* Sql Server TSQL
* Sql Server 2008 R2
* Oracle 11.2.03
* Oracle Sql Developer, PL/SQL
* ETL tools
* Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
* VB script
* Bat file and CMD shell programming
* Tools supported in Retail Systems at GNC
* Epicor RetailStore 3.0
* JDA E3 Slim
* Taxware 8.3
* FlexReceipts E receipts