This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPermasteelisa North America is a vertically integrated organization which engineers, manufactures and installs external cladding, also known as architectural envelopes or curtain walls, using materials such as glass and aluminum. The Company is the North American subsidiary of Permasteelisa S.p.A., headquartered in Vittorio Veneto, Italy. With revenues of approximately $1.6 billion worldwide, Permasteelisa S.p.A operates in approximately thirty countries with over 6,000 employees, and holds the leading position in Italy as well as strong market shares in North America, Germany and Holland. Permasteelisa North America operates in seven locations, including its largest operation in Windsor, CT, and other similar operations in Minneapolis, Chicago, New York, Miami, California and Montreal, Canada. The Company is recognized for their innovative and environmentally sensitive designs as well as the Company's end-to-end services of design, production and installation. With a well-respected and recognizable brand, the Company markets and sells products through various channels for the architectural and construction industry.
Permasteelisa North America is currently looking for an Applications Developer to join our Windsor, CT facility.
* Responsible for application development (.NET, C#, VB and SQL skills required)
* End user support for in-house applications
* Responsible for the monitoring and rectification of any errors found in the system
* Develops and executes ideas for new programs within the system
* Develops and executes ideas for enhancements on already existing programs
* Work with different department managers to discuss business needs and make proper program changes
* As an employee of the company, you must be involved in safety initiatives and programs such as the safety committee, safety inspections, evacuations and training. You must apply and follow all safety policies and procedures while integrating safety into your daily work.
* At Permasteelisa North America we are united by our shared values, which drive the way we conduct our business and ourselves: work with respect, deliver on commitment, embrace quality, inspire passion, and pursue growth. As an employee of the company you must understand the meaning of our values, link your everyday work and your performance to our values, and be a champion of our values system.
* Educational: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area of expertise, such as Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology preferred
* Computer Skills: experience in .NET, C#, VB and SQL
* Work Experience: 2 years development experience
* Other: Must be able to communicate and work with other company departments. The position will be work directly with others, so being an effective communicator is a must. The position will be required to occasionally lead training sessions and/or make presentations to a group of people.
We, Permasteelisa North America, conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE WOMEN, MINORITIES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND VETERANS TO APPLY TO ALL OF OUR JOB OPENINGS. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without any regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. THE COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.