Applications Development Engineer (BBP) 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is the world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical inspection tools for inline monitoring of process defects in advanced semiconductor factories.
Our Applications Development Engineer team based in the heart of Silicon Valley (Milpitas, CA) has an opening. The selected Applications Engineer will join a dynamic team that makes a significant impact on the company every day. There are three main areas of focus in this role however as you grow and develop the sky is the limit:
* Customer support: Product value demonstration during beta testing, Head-to-Heads (H2H) and tools in the ramp phase, thereby enabling product penetration/adoption at customer facilities. This includes-investigating semiconductor manufacturing yield issues and providing inspection solutions; creating & sharing product value statements and use-cases with engineering, marketing and sales groups; training customers and other applications engineers.
* Product Development: Characterization of next generation state-of-the art semiconductor wafer inspection products. This includes designing test plans, collecting data, performing analysis, publishing results and recommendations in the form of applications notes, best known methods.
* Use-case Demos: Conduct new tool demonstrations to showcase tool performance and develop use cases to help drive tool sales.
* We are looking for high energy, self-driven and motivated engineers who are interested in working in High Tech. The semiconductor space is a fast paced, high stress environment that gives applications engineers a lot of autonomy to work and drive projects on their own. Ideal candidates appreciate the opportunity to have high levels of accountability, working well with limited supervision and thrive in a work environment where they can drive projects on their own.
* Educational background in Engineering, Physics is desired.
* Candidates must have a desire to travel at least 50% on short notice and enjoy working in other cultures.
* Teamwork is critical so having a good balance between technical skills and people skills is a must.
* Excellent English communications are required. Ability to speak Mandarin or Korean is a plus but not necessary.
* Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience. OR
* Master's Level Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development