Applications Development Engineer (eBeam)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
This position is with Wafer Inspection Group which provides defect inspection systems for monitoring process equipment.
Following standard procedures, provide applications development support to eBeam products.
* Develop test cases; characterize customers defects, new products and/or features.
* Provide technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with eBeam products and features.
* Provide specific product demonstrations on all aspects of highly complex products to customers and assess potential applications to meet customer needs.
* Prepare detailed product specifications.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills, be current in the customer use case domain, has excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently. The candidate will also be required to work towards characterization of tool/algorithm performance and for providing clear feedback to the Engineering teams for product improvement, especially during Alpha/Beta tests. Strong technical skills are required to understand the functionality and capabilities of these tools and for providing root cause analysis and potential solutions for customers. Such skills include (but are not limited to) techniques for data analysis/processing, statistical analysis as well as the ability to quickly pick up and understand customer requirements and processes. Up to 50% travel will be required.
* Master s degree in Engineering, Physics, Material Science, or related fields.
* The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing.
* Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
* Self-driven, yet a strong team player.
* Software development and scripting skills are a plus.
* Previous experience in a technical customer support function is a huge plus.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience.ORMaster's Level Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development