Applications Engineer Austin, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for providing technical and product support for key accounts in the semiconductor and industrial automation industries. The major responsibility of this job is to handle the technical aspects associated with the development, configuration, technical and sales support of the MKS Automation Platform for advanced processes and equipment, with a significant focus on vacuum related processes. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in PLC configuration and programming (IEC61131-3, C/C++/Matlab/Labview), HMI/user interface development, specification design, and have a background in electrical engineering with hands-on experience with customers in an applications support role. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in working with the common types of PLC s available on the market or will have prior experience working with other MKS vacuum products.
* Support customers & projects requiring PLC & HMI code support and development.
* Oversee all new engineering product configurations, product changes, upgrades, retrofits, and new product configurations. Communicate back to customers if certain changes are technically feasible.
* Performs functional and system testing of product features and functions.
* Propose creative alternate design/architecture solutions in order to meet technical demands.
* Coordinate all post-sales product support, including some in-field applications support.
* Partner with internal teams to determine solutions to various technical issues including Hardware and Software Engineering, Operations, and Quality.
* Deliver on-site PLC support, electrical engineering training, and technical support as required. This includes installation & system integration support as well as firmware/software applications support.
* Aid in the creation of user documentation, training material, and application notes.
* Conduct detailed evaluations of competitive products.
* Willingness to travel: Domestic and limited travel internationally required Less than 15%.
* Will report to Product Management.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Experience in programming PLC s/PAC s, with IEC 61131-3 PLC programming experience a plus.
* Experience supporting and managing customer projects and accounts.
* Experience working with embedded control solutions. Including knowledge in programming of RTOS (Real-Time Operating Systems), some code development (C/C++ preferably), HW design and verification practices
* Experience in using industrial protocols including Modbus TCP, DeviceNet, Profibus, Profinet, and EtherCAT.
* General knowledge of semiconductor equipment and vacuum related control & automation technology and processes a plus.
* Experience working with Agile project management techniques a plus.
* Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of electrical engineering discipline.
Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design concepts
Practical exposure to general electrical, mechanical and electro-mechanical engineering tasks
Hands-on experience in designing and performing electrical wiring for automation projects
Basic knowledge in detailed mechanical design for industrial products including thermal management
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.