This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBRIEF DESCRIPTION
The Application Engineer is responsible for performing specific engineering and analytical tasks directed toward the proper application and selection of Rexnord Products.
* Provide customer with assistance for product selection for unique, special, or technical applications.
* Review customer specifications, and determine Rexnords ability to meet the requirements.
* Prepare formal proposals covering the correct application for assigned products for inquiries requiring standard, modified, or special products to meet customer specifications and/or requirements.
* Work under guidance of the manager application engineering.
* Provide customers with technical support and product training at customers plant locations.
* Conveyor Installation support (technical and hands-on)
* Conveyor Trouble Shooting (technical and hands-on)
* Hands-on product identification and selection
* Participate in market research, promotion, advertising activities, trade shows, employee training, engineering literature and product modification or development.
* Interface with Rexnord FlatTop global Engineering teams.
* Must establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal/external customers.
* Associates Degree at Minimum, preferred BSME (Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering) or BSMET (Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology) required.
* Minimum of 0- 2 years experience post graduation or coop in a professional engineering and /or mechanic role.
* Requires ability to read and interpret design prints as well as customer specifications.
* Computer proficiency in MS Office, MS Excel as well as CAD or design software experienced - AutoCAD a plus! Flexibility with work hours to maintain a minimal backlog.
* Travel up to 40% of the time
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS:
* Self starter with a sense of urgency
* Ability to be mechanically hands on and trouble shoot mechanical oppertunities
* Prepares well organized documents or reports that clearly and accurately convey the appropriate business information.
* Actively participates in generating ideas.
* Makes judgments on the value of the information being analyzed.
* Discusses decisions with others.
* Works to fully understand customer needs and requirements
* Consults appropriate information and resources
* Develops common process management tools and methods
* Provides project coordination and communication.
* Able to identify the relationships of component activities, events, patterns or processes within a system.
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Minority/Veteran/Disabled