This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Plymouth, Plymouth MI US 48170
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Engineering
Job Description :
SKF is the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing industry. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The skills and competence of our 40,000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
The SKF Automotive Market (AM) has global responsibility for business development, product and process development, manufacturing and sales on wheel end, powertrain, suspension and steering applications, providing original equipment parts for the passenger car and light truck vehicle industry. It is a global structure covering sales regions all over the world as well as manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
* Independently manage and grow relationship with OEM and tier customer engineering/technical teams as front-line technical liaison to company
* Interact with and influence a fast paced global team comprised of sales, business development, project management, design, quality, testing, manufacturing and customer service representatives
* Independently manage and document engineering activities from the start of business opportunity until end of production, including specification phase, prototype phase, industrialization phase, series production phase and warranty phase
* Employ problem solving strategies to correct technical errors with rapid response
* Regularly engage customer engineering teams (product development, supplier quality, warranty and six sigma) to receive feedback on current products, resolve technical issues and obtain approval for product or process changes throughout the program life cycle.
* Actively identify and pursue new business opportunities by understanding customer concerns and evolving needs
* Create and deliver technical presentations and/or training events to large customer groups
* Prepare and execute design verification and process validation test plans using global testing resources
* Promote and emphasize first-time quality by offering critical assessment of product or processes and employ continuous improvement activities such as lessons learned, read across, DfSS, lean thinking, etc
Job Requirements :
* A bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical is preferred)
* 3+ years work experience in the automotive industry (Wheels and Drivelines) on any of the following roles: application engineering, business engineering or technical sales
* Familiar with HBU bearing design and Wheel End applications
* Familiar with TRB bearing design and Driveline applications
* Familiar with rolling contact fatigue vs surface fatigue, and effects of low viscosity lubricants
* Have basic understanding of bearing modeling and calculation tools like MASTA or ROMAX
* Excellent listening skills and technical communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Excellent computer skills (proficient typing, proficient in MS Office)
* Dependable, reliable and self-motivated
The following are not mandatory but will give the eligible candidate a distinct advantage:
* 5+ years work experience in the automotive bearing industry
* Proven experience with advance Taper Roller bearing calculation, selection or analysis
* Proven experience with advance Wheel End bearing calculation, selection or analysis
* Knowledge on lubricant selection
* Experience on bearing and subsystem failure analysis
* First hand work experience with bearing manufacturing processes
* Ability to work in the US indefinately without sponsorship
The successful candidate would display a high amount of initiative and would be fully responsible for support of business opportunities at a variety of engineering customers. Local travel (less than 1 hour) needed up to 25% of the time with some international travel required.