Applications Engineer - TVS
Semtech Corporation - Camarillo, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Semtech Corporation Semtech Corporation
- Camarillo, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Masters Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Employer: Semtech Inc.
Jobsite: 200 Flynn Road, Camarillo, CA 93012
Research, develop and support applications of employer's electronic components, applying principles of electronics engineering and knowledge of high-speed circuit design and signal integrity. Characterize new and existing Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) products using Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Transmission Level Point (TLP) test simulations and transmission loss analysis. Evaluate customer Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and equipment pursuant to IEC 61000-4-2 (International Electrotechnical Commission test standard), including automated transient I-V curve measurement using TLP testing and ESD testing. Support new product development by participating in product definition, interfacing with customers, marketing and field applications engineers to solicit input. Assist project managers with test and reliability requirements to support new product releases. Document application notes, create datasheets, write technical articles, and layout evaluation boards. Compare company devices with competitors' devices and prepare analysis reports. Use Network Analyzer with TRL (Thru, Reflect, Line) calibration to test signal loss from insertion of a device and to ensure required specs and signal integrity are met. Build transient models using full wave simulation software (CST & HFSS) for new products. Use ADS and PSPICE software to simulate circuit designs and characterize ESD protection devices. Respond to technical questions from customers and field sales personnel. Educates customers regarding TVS products and assists with component selection.
1. MS degree in Electronics or Electrical Engr'g, Electronics & Info Engr'g, or related field; and
2. One year of experience as an Applications Engr, Test Engineer, Research Assistant (in E.E.) or equivalent occupation.
3. Must have experience with:
• High-speed circuit design, signal integrity, and PCBs;
• ADS & PSPICE simulation software
• Characterization of ESD protection devices;
• Network analyzer with TRL calibration;
• Transient I-V curve measurement using Transmission Line Pulse (TLP) & Electrostatic
Discharge (ESD) testing per industry standard IEC 61000-4-2.
Candidates must be authorized to work full-time in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
To Apply, Send Resume via USPS to -
Attn: T. Vegos/ Re: AE-TVS
200 Flynn Road
Camarillo CA 93012