Applications Engineer - Wind SCADA Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONSuzlon Wind Energy Corporation (SWECO)
Suzlon established its North American operations - Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation - in 2001 with a vision to become the preferred provider of value-added sustainable power plant solutions. With a footprint across 21 states, three provinces and two countries, Suzlon is clearly committed to the North America market.
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation provides its clients with more than just wind turbines - we offer Engineering, Procurement and Construction of wind farm projects, and ongoing service and maintenance. Suzlon's "workhorse" of a machine, the S88-2.1 MW wind turbine comprises a large majority of the company's fleet in North America, with the original S64-1.25MW turbine fulfilling our earlier projects. The company recently launched the S111-2.1 MW, the latest generation Suzlon wind turbine, and is built off the successful S88 and S97-2.1 MW platform.
Suzlon Wind Energy Corporation (SWECO) is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois however this position is a Regional position
* Provide 24/7 support to the Suzlon Monitoring Center to ensure continuous SCADA availability
* Develop software tools to enhance and improve the Suzlon Monitoring Center capabilities and overall fleet performance
* Effectively communicate technical information to all SCADA users and customers
* Assist Engineering and Field personnel in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of SCADA related issues
* Provide support to Projects and Construction groups in the development of new wind farms, from conceptual design to implementation. This includes specifying initial SCADA functional and network requirements, network design, providing installation and commissioning instructions, managing project contacts, tasks, budget and reporting on project status
* Establish procedures for maintenance and troubleshooting of SCADA equipment and installations
* Handling, configuration and troubleshooting of the wind farm control equipment, which includes but is not limited to the wind farm fiber-optic and Ethernet networks and switches
* Produce technical drawings such as wind farm network layout diagrams, and publishing engineering documentation
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience; advanced degree and professional certifications a plus
* At least 5 years of demonstrated experience performing SCADA-related work, including knowledge of communication protocols such as OPC and Modbus
* Demonstrated experience with Database administration and management
* Demonstrated knowledge of IT networks, troubleshooting and maintenance
* Demonstrated ability to author and present reports, customer communications, and technical manuals; and to respond to questions from diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
* Self-starter who takes initiative, works well with minimal supervision and guidance, and can quickly learn and apply new information
* Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills; innovative problem solver
* Demonstrated experience with the following is a plus: DNP3 and IEC614-25 communication protocols; database management; OSIsoft PI, SQL server, and Bachmann PLC
* Experience with task-based programming and code writing
* Knowledge of Wind Turbine Technology and Energy concepts a plus
* Ability to travel overnight domestically and internationally up to approximately 1%
Hand/Finger Dexterity: 5-1%
Suzlon Wind Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at Suzlon Wind Energy is subject to post officer, pre-employment drug testing.