Applications Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Minimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Entry-Level (0+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim's Launch Program offers graduates and new talent within the industry the opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience within an innovative, global company. We know that you have a lot to offer, and you're ready to take on any challenge.
As part of the Summer Internship Program, you'll be given opportunities to learn, grow and have fun. Interns can expect:
* Meaningful projects that you drive and own
* Mentorship and support from working professionals
* Collaboration with experienced professionals to solve current challenges
* Social and networking opportunities with interns across the globe
* Career and personal development workshops
* Learning opportunities with Maxim's CEO and other Executives
* Company sponsorship to participate in sports leagues, community activities and races
* The opportunity to present your project work to all Maxim employees at an "Intern Symposium" event near the end of the summer
* Do well and you may be offered a full-time offer with Maxim upon graduation!
Maxim is seeking several Applications Engineering Interns to support our various product lines at locations nationwide during a 12-week assignment during Summer 2017.
Engineers qualifying for this position will be responsible for supporting the development of IC's within one or more of our business units: Automotive, Cloud & Data, Mobile Solutions, Industrial & Healthcare, Micros & Security, Core Products, Sales & Marketing or Advanced Research & Development.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Creating evaluation kits
* Designing software and hardware necessary to evaluate new devices
* Working directly with customers to implement our products into their system
* Hands-on experience designing, programming, testing and debugging
* Generating application notes to showcase Maxim product solutions
* Develop user guides and customer documentation to assist customers with designs
* Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
* Computer Engineering and Software Engineering degrees are applicable to some positions
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Strong knowledge of electrical/computer/software engineering fundamentals
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of analog/mixed-signal circuit design
* Digital and software design skills
* Understanding of circuit simulation tools and techniques and/or software development tools and techniques
* Clear and concise communication skills
* Hands-on experience with lab equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, electronic-load, DAQ)
* Experience debugging circuits
* Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
* Can work both independent and with a cross-functional team
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer