Applications Programmer II 9/10/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Works closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance and support of applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring and product evaluation. Has a solid understanding of systems analysis, design, development, and quality assurance and integration methodologies.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides design development of projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
* Participates in project meetings with other technical staff, business owners and subject matter experts.
* Assesses and develops design requirements for project and communicates in writing or in meetings with development team while assessing detailed specifications against design requirements.
* Reviews application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
* Develops and/or reviews development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
* Reviews test results and directs further development.
* May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer.
May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production. * May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of BKFS business environment and the application development environment
* Experience building and supporting applications
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
* Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
* Experience with project management
* Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within BKFS or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
* Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional level role. Works independently on small to medium development projects as a project team leader that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge in a specific business area. Develops solutions requiring analysis and research under the general direction of more senior application development analysts, supervisors or managers. Generally works on more than one project at a time as a project team member. Typically requires four (4) or more years of programming/systems analysis experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer