Applications Programmer - UCSF Service Desk (APPLICATIONS PROGR 4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Applications Programmer - UCSF Service Desk (APPLICATIONS PROGR 4)
Finance & I.T.
40 ; 100%
UCSF Svc Desk
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under the supervision of the Technical Manager of Identity & Access Management, the position will work with the Identity & Access Management teams and focus on Enterprise-Wide applications for authentication, access and system provisioning. This position is primarily responsible for the development and implementation of applications, scripts, processes, practices, and technologies that support identity & access management at UCSF for employees, faculty, students, and affiliates. The candidate will work with various customers and IT groups to establish these applications, scripts, processes, procedures that results in unambiguous identity records; spreads uniform process and procedures for authorizing access to UCSF resources while adhering to standards for securing identity information, supporting identity management policies while providing timely, policy-driven provisioning and de-provisioning of services to individuals engaged in UCSF activities.
This position interacts with Identity and Access management teams, various IT internal groups, external departments, and outside vendors and consultants. The candidate must be able to present information in professional, verbal and well-written formats with close attention to detail. This person must also be detailed oriented, provide oversight and information updates to management, stakeholders and customers. The position is responsible for complex assignments that are small to significant in size. They will require independent decision making, project management, and good judgment. Analysis of situations or data will require in-depth evaluation. Incumbent will exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Experience with one of the following languages Java, Ruby, C# or other .net development language
* Scripting experience with PowerShell (preferred) or others such as PHP, C or python,
* Ability to develop public-facing Web applications in a professional capacity
* Experience with working in a mixed Windows and Linux environment
* Demonstrated database and SQL experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle)
* Strong OO analysis and design
* Experience in full software life cycle development: analysis through release
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Healthcare experience, preferably in EPIC environment
* Experience in Identity & Access Management, Security, or other Provisioning Systems and/or experience in an Healthcare Information Technology
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page