Applications Test Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
For nearly half a century, Gerber Technology has been helping companies around the world develop, manufacture and take their products to market smarter, faster and more efficiently. Today, the company provides integrated software and hardware solutions to more than 78,000 customers in the aerospace, construction, furniture, fashion & apparel, transportation, technical textiles, packaging, wind energy and sign & graphics industries, including over 100 Fortune 500 companies in 130 countries.
We currently have an opportunity for a detailed oriented individual who enjoys working in an multidisciplinary Hardware Engineering team as an Applications Test Engineer. This individual will be an integral member of the Hardware Engineering team supporting the department mission to deliver solutions to new and existing customers both internal and external.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that uses creativity to innovate, solve problems and design new solutions for Gerber s next generation of automated manufacturing systems.
* Responsible for the development and execution of test plans to ensure product compliance to design requirements and specifications.
* Functions as a systems expert for automated cutting systems, specializing in flexible goods industry applications and software functionality.
* Documents both the system and process capabilities through the collection and analysis of data utilizing engineering principles and testing methodologies.
* Follows principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems, thoroughly document results, and provide recommendations to team members.
* Position may require up to 10% travel (both global and domestic).
1 to 5+ years preferred experience in automation solutions, CNC, or relevant experience in a technology field.
* Requires a highly motivated and goal-driven individual with experience working as a member of a cross-functional team.
* Candidate should be technically savvy with the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software applications.
* The successful candidate will display a degree of mechanical experience/aptitude.
* Some occasional lifting will be required (up to 50 lb).
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Minimum of Associates' Degree.
Gerber Technology, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender, age, veterans status, disability, or sexual orientation.