Apprentice Civil Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Join our Commitment to "Building Better Wireless".
Please apply or text keyword CivilDenton to 313131
SBA Communications Corporation (SBA) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure across North, Central and South America. We offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth to individuals who are committed to excellence and continuous improvement; and we respect the diversity of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities in which we do business. If you aspire to be part of an organization that is bringing the benefits of wireless voice and data to the world then we'd like to speak to you.
Founded in 1989, our mission is to be our customers' first-choice provider of wireless infrastructure solutions and we achieve this by setting the standard for customer satisfaction, focusing on industry leadership, developing innovative business strategies, providing financial strength and supporting empowered, engaged employees. We generate revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. Our size, experience, capabilities and resources make us a preferred partner for wireless service providers both domestically and internationally. With anticipated ongoing, dynamic growth in wireless traffic (in particular data and video), we expect to lead the way in providing innovative business strategies and continuous improvement to our network infrastructure. Are you ready to join an inclusive work environment and contribute to our dynamic teams* We value and look for talented people who "Seek and Achieve Excellence" in all that they do.
To be the most respected organization in our industry by our customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
*Integrity: Collectively we maintain a firm adherence to the highest moral and ethical standards.
*Work Ethic: We take pride in working hard and expect each other to go the extra mile to achieve our collective goals.
*Ownership Mindset: We are excellent stewards of our financial resources and actively manage as we would for our own money.
*Customer Service: We strive to provide our customers - internal and external with extraordinary value and to help them to achieve their business objectives.
*Innovation: We continuously strive to improve by looking for new, efficient and effective ways to do business.
*Collegiality: We are collaborative and enjoy each other's company. We work hard to make those around us a success and we interact with each other in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is a key to our success.
Perform duties related to general civil construction on a daily basis ensuring quality work for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Construction Supervisor and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Install, connect and test underground and above ground grounding systems.
* Moderate flat-work concrete forming, pouring and finishing.
* Carpentry and miscellaneous trade skills.
* Landscaping, grading, and fence construction as necessary.
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
* Complete work in a timely and efficient manner as delegated by Construction Supervisors and Foreman.
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to maintain a safe job site.
* Assist fellow employees in completing tasks on a teamwork basis.
* Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
* Other project and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School diploma or GED preferred.
* 0-2 years construction experience required, preferably telecommunications.
* Commercial/residential electrical experience preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Valid Driver s License - required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
* Standing ninety percent of the day.
* Ability to stoop and bend.
* Ability to reach and stretch.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
* Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
* Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
* Work near mechanical parts.
* May work in high, precarious places.
* Occasional loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jackhammers.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..