This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Helix Electric Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support complex projects in Hawaii, Helix Electric has need for a dynamic Apprentice Electrician on the island of 'Oahu. The successful electrician will be part of a production driven team, performing electrical installations and troubleshooting.
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts. Includes crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job
DESCRIPTION OF EMPLOYEE\'S JOB DUTIES:
* Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial, industrial and large multi-family settings.
* Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
* Installs or helps install electrical components.
* Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
* Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate. (Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations that may require certification and training before operating).
* Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
* Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install as specified.
* Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
* Secure and lock up equipment after use.
* Journeyman Trade Certification in a related Construction trade will be considered highly desirable.
* A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
* Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Helix Electric offers an excellent compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous 401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs. Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) with a strong commitment to environmental awareness and a drug-free workplace.
Helix Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer