This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Entry level apprentice position is responsible for supporting more senior installers on installation projects requiring additional manpower. Successful candidate will experience all facets of an installation project. This experience coupled with on the job and classroom training will prepare the right candidate for promotion to a fully capable installer position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the Commercial Installer with installing appropriate devices, dismantling and reconstructing equipment as required. Typically mounts motion detectors and door contacts, and runs wire as instructed. Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
* Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
* Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Some technical school training preferred.
* 6 months of on-the-job training or classroom training.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
* Valid driver's license.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.