Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms
Apprentice Class I Electronics:
Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams to assist in installation activities.
Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to forty pounds. Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to forty feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc. Use a variety of hand tools and power tools to assist with the installation of boxes, wiring, panels, and devices as directed by the field installers.
Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with Simplex work. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes. Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
Complete and submit time reports and other documents as required. May be required to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
Perform other duties as directed.
Interviews will be scheduled and conducted as required.
NOTE: SIMPLEXGRINNELL POSTS FOR THIS POSITION SEMI-ANNUALLY, AND MAINTAINS AN "APPLICANT POOL LOG" OF THE NAMES OF THOSE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WHO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. IF A HIRING FREEZE IS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF THIS POSTING, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW PURPOSES, ONCE THE HIRING FREEZE IS LIFTED. INTERESTED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL FOR HIRING INFORMATION, PRIOR TO VISITING THE OFFICE. THE RECRUITMENT, SELECTION, EMPLOYMENT, AND TRAINING OF APPRENTICES DURING THEIR APPRENTICESHIP SHALL BE WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ORSEX. SIMPLEXGRINNELLWILL TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY IN APPRENTICESHIP AND WILL OPERATE THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM AS REQUIRED UNDER TITLE 29 OF THE CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS (CFR), PART 30, AS AMENDED
Applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for an interview for Apprenticeship
1. Be at least 18 years of age
2. Must be a high school graduate of possess a GED (will be verified, if selected)
3. Submit a completed, signed SimplexGrinnell application
4. Have a valid driver's license (must be provided at time of application, or in the case of on-line application, prior to an interview) and a dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted
5. Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health at and safety of the individual or others
6. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format
Applicants selected for hire will be required to submit to the following, all as condition of and prior to being employed
1. A Human Performance Evaluation
2. Screening for illegal use of drugs
3. A background check
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Applicants must provide proof of high school diploma or GED and driver's license at the time of application
SimplexGrinnell is an EEO Employer, M/F