Apprentice Tower Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Perform construction duties on a daily basis ensuring quality construction for expedited commercial deployment of services as directed by Superintendent and/or Foreman.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Support tower construction and antenna and line installation activities as directed,
* Ability to read site plans and tower drawings.
* Distribute, pick up and organize tools and materials.
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to analyze job requirements such as labor and materials.
* Complete work in a timely and efficient manner as delegated by Construction Supervisor and Foreman.
* Perform construction activities as directed
* Work with Construction Supervisors and Foreman to maintain a safe job site.
* Keep safety barriers correctly installed.
* Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
* Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA s Tower U training classes.
* Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* 0-1 years tower construction / climbing experience.
* 6+ months general labor or construction experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Valid Driver s License - strongly preferred/may be required depending upon the location in which the position is required to work.
* Knowledge of standard knots,
* Satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA s Tower U training classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
* Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
* Standing ninety percent of the day.
* Ability to stoop and bend.
* Ability to reach and stretch.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Ability to walk, stand and bend
* Ability to climb 180 to 350 feet.
* Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
* Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
* Work near mechanical parts.
* May work in high, precarious places.
* Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jack hammers.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
SBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of SBA to not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals..