Apps Consultant, Sr II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Physical Design Specialist (PDS) will be an expert in Physical Design methodologies and flows and will drive customer adoption and sales of SNPS physical design tools and services.
The PDS will be responsible for developing product and competitive global positioning messages for customers and rolling out new product methodologies to the field through AC/Sales training programs and set up technical support processes.
The PDS will leverage their knowledge by teaching and mentoring other Physical Design ACs and Sales Account Managers and influences product definition and direction of R&D by providing customer feedback.
The PDS supports the Sales Account Managers through product demonstrations, competitive benchmarks and evaluations and influences product definition and direction of R&D by providing customer feedback.
The PDS plays an active role in account planning, where they work as a part of the account team to develop the solutions to customer problems by using their in depth knowledge of customer challenges and issues. This individual may be called upon to stand in as the group leader when the District Technical Manager is unavailable.
* BSEE with 7 years of experience in ASIC design experience in all aspects of physical design.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Must possess at last five years of recent hands on experience in the place & route domain (direct IC Compiler is preferred, or competing place and route tools).
* Knowledge of each step in the process of RTL to GDS II design flow with an emphasis on how it relates to all aspects of physical design.
* Previous experience working with customers is a strong plus.
* Customer sensitivity, the ability to multiplex and a strong desire to help customers exploit new technologies are essential for success.