Apps Consultant, Sr II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Full Custom Applications Consultant, you will enable customer flows and deploy Custom Design solutions for key customers. You will collaborate with CAE and R&D teams to define and drive the product direction by identifying designer needs and specifying tool capabilities for the next generation designs. You will work closely with customers to solve complex technical challenges for custom digital, analog, and memory designs and methodologies through the following activities:
* Pre-sales: Team up with sales to lead technical evaluations/benchmarks, methodology presentations, products pitch and demos to win engagements with Synopsys solutions.
* Post-sales: Support customer design activity and tape-outs using Synopsys' custom products, as well as customer training and on-site support.
* Leverage: Driving product improvements by providing customer input to Synopsys R&D and product groups.
The job will provide excellent opportunity to solidify technical expertise on Full Custom Design and also for soft skillset growth in customer relationship management.
* Masters in EE/CS with 5 years (or a Bachelors in EE/CS with 7+ years) of relevant experience as a Circuit Designer or CAD engineer working as part of a Custom IC Design team.
* Knowledge of the complete custom/mixed-signal design flow, custom and analog layout design is required.
* Familiarity with Custom IC core applications like Schematic-Drive Layout (SDL), Analog Routing, LVS/DRC, Extraction and Analog/Digital Co-design and Simulation Analysis is desired.
* Strong scripting skills (TCL, Perl, Python) are required.
* Strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Passion for resolving engineering problems.