This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Perkins + Will
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
lang=\\"en\\" dir=\\"ltr\\" prefix=\\"content: http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/ dc: http://purl.org/dc/terms/ foaf: http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ og: http://ogp.me/ns# rdfs: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema# sioc: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns# sioct: http://rdfs.org/sioc/types# skos: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core# xsd: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#\\"
Evaluates, selects and applies advanced architectural and design methods, with responsibility for project assignments including programming, design development and coordination and production construction documents on projects which may be multiple, large or
complex in scope.
Essential Job Functions
* Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of design practices, theories, and methods.
* Understands overall building design concepts, objectives and critical issues and applies knowledge to tasks and assignments.
* Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions.
* Facilitates firm and project goals of excellence in design, execution, and sustainability.
* Develops and prepares contract documents, plans and details; executes red-marked revisions.
* Evaluates and integrates engineering systems into the overall project documents.
* Prepares mock-ups of drawing packages.
* Coordinates drawings with specifications.
* Implements code, accessibility and zoning analyses.
* Reviews RFI s and shop drawing submittals.
* Conducts field observations to monitor progress of construction.
* Performs tasks according to the Perkins+Will standards and Project Delivery Manual.
* Performs within the constraints of project budgets and schedules.
* May participate in marketing presentations and client meetings.
* Coordinates contractors, consultants and vendor assignments.
* May organize, direct and mentor junior staff.
Requirements Essential Job Requirements:
Professional Degree in Architecture
Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
Intermediate experience in project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
Strong Revit, 3D computer modeling and graphic design.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Collaborative and professional work ethic
LEED AP or within 6 months of hire