This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONKitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking a licensed Architect or IDP participant with a B. Arch from an NAAB accredited University, in Sacramento or San Diego, CA, to apply architectural experience in support of a multi-disciplinary team and construction management activities across all divisions of the company. Kitchell is a 100% employee owned firm most recently voted "Top best workplaces" and ranked amongst the "Top 50 firms" in ENR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares designs at the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project.
* Analyzes design and construction issues for solutions and/or incorporation.
* Develops technical specifications as required.
* Prepares master plans for new building construction. Meets with clients to ascertain needs and develops space list, square foot requirements and preliminary floor plans.
* Performs design/constructability reviews.
* Comments on architectural issues, including cost, design and construction technology.
* Evaluates building and site conditions and prepares technical reports of investigations.
* Interprets applicable codes for compliance and applies this knowledge to documents prepared and/or reviewed to ascertain compliance with those codes, standards and requirements.
* Maintains log of all revisions to standard drawings and specifications, and manages the file containing current specifications and logs of all proposed changes to the standard documents.
* Performs value engineering analysis and reviews.
* Directs the work of various employees engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents respective to each discipline.
* Provides leadership and supervision to a project team and ensures accomplishment of project objectives.
* Assists the estimating department in the development of conceptual and detailed cost projections.
* Supports and participates in business development and marketing efforts including assisting with the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work.
* Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by direct reports and enforces rules fairly and uniformly.
* Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of the performance management process for direct reports.
* Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of applicable codes and standards required. Knowledge of the architecture, engineering and construction management industry. Effective computer skills, including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, DWG Viewer, AutoCAD LT, Photoshop and specialized software appropriate to professional qualification required. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Effective organization skills, including the ability to prioritize and plan work. Ability to gather and interpret technical or abstract data to resolve extraordinarily difficult and uncommon problems. Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Ability to manage a team of professionals in the production of quality projects delivered on time and within budget. Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, initiative, communication, teamwork and analytical thinking. Commitment to the values of Kitchell with attention to honesty and integrity, quality of work and customer satisfaction.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in architecture or related field required. Pursuing State of California Architect license or currently registered Architect preferred. Minimum 5 years position related work experience in architecture or related field. Strong presentation skills and history of developing client relationships required. NCARB Certification, or immediate ability to qualify for NCARB certification preferred. Demonstrated recent (past 7 years) experience providing architectural services in any of the following five market sectors (in order of preference): Corrections, Education, Public Safety, Justice, Healthcare, for any of the following public agency types required (neutral preference): Federal, State, County, City, Utility, K-14 District or Municipality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment and frequently works in a construction environment. Conditions occasionally include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped quarters. The noise level in the work environment is regularly moderate and occasionally loud. Must frequently travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently stand, walk and reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 5 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
PLEASE ATTACH A PROJECT LIST IN ADDITION TO RESUME, FOR REVIEW
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status..