Architect Retail Stores (4-8 yrs. exp.)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
CallisonRTKL Architects P.C. seeks a Project Architect or Job Captain to join its Retail Stores Practice Group. This position is located in Detroit, MI and will work with teams in both Detroit and New York. The ideal candidate will have significant retail interior and core and shell experience. The position is focused on the design and delivery of mid-to-large scale luxury retail projects.
* Manages and coordinates the project delivery process for mid-to-large scale projects
* Collaborates with other lead professionals to ensure design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations
* Facilitates project schedule
* Serves as a main contributor during client meetings and presentations
* Negotiates critical and controversial issues with appropriate parties
* Develops, documents, and implements design including detailing, material specifications, research, analytics, calculations, code compliance and quality control
* Produces construction documents with a strong sensitivity to design
* Coordinates the project delivery process with the required project consultants
* Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports, answers RFI's and prepares change bulletins
* Organizes files, materials, and displays
* Provides technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff
* Assists with financial management of all assigned projects
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture or related design field
* 5+ years of experience preferred
* Professional registration preferred
* Strong background in base building and luxury retail interiors
* Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all clients and employees
* Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
* Some travel required
* Proficiency with AutoCAD
* Revit experience is a plus
* LEED accreditation preferred
* Include portfolio with application
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on this page - http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.