This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
The Fresh Market has an opening for an Architectural Manager to be based at our Corporate Office in Greensboro, North Carolina. This position contributes to the success of The Fresh Market by supporting the store development process in creating stores that reinforce the brand character and distinction in the marketplace. This role reports to the Director of Architecture and Store Planning, and works in partnership with other store development team members driving store growth to meet business goals.
This role supports all phases of design from schematic through construction documents, and includes support as required during construction and post-occupancy evaluation. Throughout, this position requires close collaboration with fellow team members to meet expectations for project budget, schedule, and operational requirements. Responsibilities
- Creating and/or coordinating all architectural and interior building construction documents between landlord/developer documents, in-house staff, and the work of third-party consultants
- Included among the documents are civil, exterior and interior building designs, structural / mechanical / electrical / plumbing engineering documentation, working drawings, and specifications.
- Partner with Engineering, Merchandising, Marketing, and Operations to understand the priorities and vision for each department and concept programs; make recommendations regarding design complexities and methods
- Works with internal stakeholders in developing prototypical architectural, fixture, and decor details
- Coordinates with Development Project Manager to manage the schedule, project scope, and project budget on assigned projects
- Assist the Director in maintaining archive drawings, files and specifications and validating historical information
- Manage technical reviews and quality checks with project stakeholders (Facilities, Operations, Construction)
- Communicate project updates to senior management
- Research solutions to technical issues, new concepts, and quality matters
- Contribute to the development and modification of standards of practice within the department
- Conduct technical reviews and quality checks of prototype documents and specifications
- Prepare or modify specifications, plans, and designs for project
- Work with Permits Expeditor and other methods to resolve code issues with municipal approval agencies
- Responsible for modifying the master architectural and interior specifications and drawings, and periodically distributing
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or related field of study
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software (Revit and Sketchup a plus) and Microsoft Office 2010.
- Project Management experience Retail, hospitality, or restaurant design experience within a development organization, including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and design consultants
- Experience applying brand standards to projects located in variable and challenging real estate
- Experience communicating design principles and solutions with words, drawings, and/or digital methods
- Working knowledge of architectural details, specifications, building codes, and health codes for project documents production .