Architectural Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONArchitectural Sales Representative
Location: Hartford, CT
Industry: Construction & Trades - Architecture & Planning
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Sales Support / Assistance
Base Salary - $75,000 to $85,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Often
Hours Per Week: 40
* Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research.
* Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures i.e. sales goals.
* Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new account locations by leveraging strong relationships with senior operations executives.
* Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing.
* Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships within the Architectural Aluminum industry.
* Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proof of valid driver's license and insurance (must meet company's minimum requirements)
* Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects.
Major activities/Key challenges:
* Proven record of promoting, selling, and securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
* Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
* Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills that can be used to establish and strengthen both external & internal customer relationships.
* Required to lift up to 50lbs, this may include lifting weight above shoulders as needed
* Ability to interact with internal customers in a positive and constructive fashion
* Develop and maintain accurate project files
* Can articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences
* Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets
* Ability to resolve problems in the field
* Ability to promote during industry trade shows
* Basic computer skills
* Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals.
* A mechanical aptitude with general interest in the building sciences
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
* Building & Construction Industry knowledge
* Familiarity with Hartford, CT and surrounding markets
* In-depth knowledge of the aluminum business (5-7 years experience)
* In-depth knowledge of competitors within territory (5-7 years experience)
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited instituition Engineering & Architectural degree preferred
Minimum 2 years of sales, marketing or project management within construction, commercial building or fascade
Minimum of 2 years within the General Contractors, Glass, Glazing, Commercial, Panel Manufacturers and Wood, Window & Door Ability to utilize MS Word & Excel for reporting purposes & territory analysis