Architectural Specifications Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONArchitectural Specifications Writer
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we re refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
The Architectural Specifications Writer's primary responsibility is to compose, and support the production of, project manuals within their office.
What You Will Do
* Collaborate with project teams to ensure budgeting for specification production, and coordinate scheduling and production of project manuals.
* Prepare project manuals from the Gensler firmwide master specification core.
* Assist team members in project manual preparation where not specifically asked to write them.
* Function as a technical resource for material and product evaluations and selections.
* Function as a technical leader and active member of office s technical group.
* Collaborate with the regional specification leader in the development of regional/local variations on the firmwide specifications masters, aid in the development specifications process and tools, participate in firmwide specification liaison conference calls.
* Maintain proficiency in construction products, techniques and sequences by staying abreast of product developments, new materials, code changes, and current industry trends.
7 years in architectural profession
4 years of dedicated specification writing
Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree)
CSI: Construction Document Technician (CDT) or Certified Construction Specifier (CCS)
Licensed Architect (preferred)
Active member of Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) or Specification Consultants in Independent Practice (SCIP)
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.