Architecture Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING opening to join our DISHWASHER ORGANIZATION.
DAY TO DAY
Today, you might be solving a hot production issue on the floor. Tomorrow, you'll be modifying designs to improve efficiency in the manufacturing process . And, you might be calling customers to better understand quality issues in the field. You may also work with suppliers to determine changes needed to reduce product cost..
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Ensure factory productivity by resolving factory issues associated with product design in alignment with subsystem teams
* Identify and capture efficiency opportunities through product design improvements
* Performed Cost and Quality Projects as needed
What You Need to Succeed
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering: (Preferably Electrical and/or Mechanical)
* 2 + years of industry experience in manufacturing, architecture and design
* Proficiency in manufacturing process technology acumen, especially within platform (dishwasher preferably) family
* experience in a high pace environment.
* Proficiency in FMEA, PFMEA and Opex tools.
* Excellent Problem solving
* Good Communication skills to different audiences (i.e) engineering, design, process, quality manufacturing and line employees)