Area Business Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location: Bakersfield, CA
We are seeking a highly capable individual for Area Business Manager, US Cattle and Equine Business Unit focused on our Dairy Business. Primary responsibilities include leading all aspects of planning, execution, and performance for an approximately 10 person Sales Area with over $40 million in annual sales. The geographies this position will cover are; Tulare, CA, Bakersfield, CA, Chino, CA and the State of Arizona. There is and some weekend work and travel is a requirement of the position.
* Meet overall sales objectives (quota) both overall and for key growth products via demand generation within targeted accounts.
* Successfully launch new product and service offerings
* Demonstrate success in other key sales metrics such as growth rates and key performance indicators.
* Lead all colleagues in Area to successfully and consistently meet their objectives and IDP's.
* Attract, develop, evaluate, differentiate, and retain talent through recruiting / hiring, ongoing coaching, proactive / effective use of both colleague development tools and performance management, and performance ratings.
* Spend +75% of available time with direct reports the in the field coaching to help them meet performance objectives by strengthening their core capabilities - including timely verbal and written feedback.
* Execute initiatives aligned to Business Unite expectations of enhancing the Area's capabilities for Solution Selling, Business Planning / Resource Allocation, Technical Knowledge, Territory Management, and Teamwork.
* Lead direct reports to develop and execute Territory Business Planning / Resource Allocation aligned to Cattle & Equine BU, Region and Area strategies, tactics, metrics, and objectives.
* Lead the coordination of individual and team responsibilities, actions, and performance related to strategic accounts.
* Utilize effective and motivational verbal and written communication with Area team, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
* Provide clear leadership, direction, and communication during Area meetings, conference calls, and all relevant opportunities.
* Continually improve Area's colleague development and engagement.
* Work with all colleagues in a professional manner to include consistently meeting expectations around integrity/compliance, work-ethic, role/responsibility, conduct/attire, effective communication/informing, all administrative responsibilities, and overall teamwork,
Leading the Business
* Develop Area Plan with a focus on the Cattle and Equine BU priorities and resource allocation / utilization; and then conduct quarterly business reviews with RBD and revise on an ongoing basis.
* Utilize data system to identify key account growth opportunities.
* Work with other Area Business Mangers to develop and share best practices across region.
* Work with Area Technical Service to create and execute a focused and prioritized plan to ensure performance in targeted accounts and assists in the development of direct reports technical competence.
* Successfully complete Individual Development Plan
* Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback
Required Experience and Skills
* Success in previous roles including managing talent, executing designated initiatives, and creatively finding opportunities or solving problems to drive sales performance.
* Gets more out of individuals, teams, and assigned geography (revenue) than others believe possible
* Exemplifies what it means to be a change agent, continuous learner, and pushing self / others beyond dominant logic
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment, align with and influence internal and external stakeholders, and build / manage relationships at all levels of an organization.
* Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever changing environments.
* Drives strategy and insight from analytics to tactical execution and measures the results.
* Project / process management and attention to detail.
* Financial analysis skills including the ability to manage expenses and budgets
* Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
* Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) preferred
* 10+ years of related experience including sales, sales management and / or non-sales function such as marketing or veterinary operations
* Animal Health experience and knowledge of animal veterinary medicine preferred
* Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word applications
* Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately and include some weekends