Area Client Service Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
West Reading, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB PURPOSE
This position is responsible for processing all release of information requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations. This position will require travel to various client sites during the course of the day.
Duties and responsibilities
Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient s medical chart and returning chart, scanning medical record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity. * Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures.
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the Help Desk department.
* Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems.
* May receive incoming requests including opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area, insures adequate supplies to meet customer requests.
* Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure
* Complete and send in SWAR weekly activity reports at the end of each payroll cutoff
* Notify Manager if unable to adhere to daily schedule
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or help out during backlogs
* Carries out responsibilities in accordance with Company and client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all Company and medical records information including during transport, storage and disposal.
* Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner.
* Performs other tasks as assigned including but not limited to the requirement to work at facilities in close proximity to your principal place of business as directed by the Manager when business needs dictate.
A High School Diploma or GED is required.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language.
* Must have valid driver s license
* Prior experience in a medical office or medical records department
* Must have strong computer software experience general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
* Must be willing to travel to various client sites throughout the day
* Excellent organizational skills a must
* Must be able to type 50 wpm
* Must be able to use fax, copier, microfilm machine
* Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly
* Must be self-motivated, a team player
* Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
* Must be able to multi-task
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled