Area Human Resources Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Blick Art Materials
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe AREA HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER is responsible for providing support, leadership, and oversight of Human Resources functionality for the company's east coast retail market. A strategic business partner who enables the east coast stores to achieve their goals by directing, executing, and implementing company programs and initiatives. This position will be primarily based in New York, NY.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Serves as a resource for all east coast retail associates by being available and accessible to discuss all Human Resources related questions or concerns.
* Serves as the primary contact for management with respect to labor relations issues and concerns on a day to day basis.
* Able to collaborate with all levels of leadership.
* Coach and educate the field operations teams on associate relations and performance management processes.
* Supports the performance management process to ensure continuous improvement and the implementation of best practices. Assist managers with coaching, corrective actions, improvement plans, goal setting, and performance reviews.
* Identifies trends and provide guidance to management at all levels to alleviate associate relations concerns and promote a positive work culture.
* Assist the management team with implementing action plans that improve employee engagement and cultivate the associate experience.
* Lead, drive and manage Talent Management strategies to achieve company goals.
* Analyzes and interprets associate retention and other key Human Resources metrics, and partners with appropriate members of leadership to develop action plans to address identified needs.
* Manage and drive the internal development programs to meet talent needs.
* Ensure consistent Human Resources policies, procedures, practices, and standards across the east coast.
* Maintains thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources, associate regulations and Federal, State and local employment laws.
* Other duties as requested by supervisor.
* This position requires a bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related discipline, and or equivalent work experience.
* Five years or more Human Resources experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
* Must be willing to travel 40% or more.
* Strong computer skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Enthusiastic, energetic, approachable, and personable.
* Strong interpersonal communication, influential and creative problem solving skills.
* Experience leading and supporting a large multi-unit field population.
* Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills. Ability to set priorities and organize time. Demonstrates initiative and is able to work independently.
* Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively and discreetly deal with sensitive issues.