Area Leader, Sandwich Making Night Shift
For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Area Leader Sandwich Making
The primary functions of this role are to:
* Develop skills & capability of 95 technician workforce in conjunction with other Area Leaders
* Increase leadership capability of all team leaders
* Responsible for meeting Quality, Safety, Reliability, and Cost targets for department
* Develop and maintain team scorecard. Share with plant leadership each month.
* Excellent understanding of overall plant product flow including all inputs and outputs
* Identify and eliminate losses from the Operation
* Manage personnel issues, i.e., Kronos, vacation planning, staffing, temporary employee staffing, training plans, and conflict resolution. (List not all-inclusive.)
* Lead Autonomous Maintenance efforts for team
* Meet with each direct report employee 1:1 once per quarter at a minimum
* Complete annual Performance Appraisal for each employee on team.
* Understand labor laws and HIPPA requirements
* Administer any necessary discipline
* Attend daily product cutting. Ensure all follow-ups are completed to maintain high standard of product quality.
* Improve sanitation and start-up execution.
* Manage sanitation procedures & documentation for team.
* Always manage with Basic Beliefs as a foundation.
* Preserve Smucker culture.
KEY CAPABILITIES AND METRICS
* Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent organizational skills applying to people, projects or data
* Ability to coach operating teams to meet or exceed JMS expectations.
* Self-motivated and works independently with minimal supervision.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Computer aptitude (Excel, Word, Access, & Lotus Notes).
* Bachelor s degree
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.