Area Manager - Broker of Record - Seattle, WA (2047)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
The RMR Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Worker Category :
The Area Manager will be the Qualifying Broker of Record for the RMR Real Estate Services ( RMR ) office in Seattle, Washington. The Qualifying Broker responsibilities will include assisting with the oversight of leasing transactions and property management responsibilities in the state of Washington. The Area Manager duties will include assisting the Area Director with RMR s property management activities in Washington and Oregon, which consists of 8 properties totaling approximately 929,961 square feet.
This position will work closely with in-house and third party property managers and tenant coordinators responsible for the day-to-day management duties of approximately 929,961 square feet, consisting of 8 buildings, located in the states of Washington and Oregon. Within this portfolio, the Area Manager may directly manage certain properties.
In addition to the Area Manager Broker of Record responsibilities, the position will also entail working directly with the property management staff in the coordination and production of general property management duties as further described.
The Area Manager will be responsible for all facets of the properties in his/her portfolio, and s/he has a responsibility to ensure the property management is conducted within the requirements of Washington real estate law and that all properties are managed according to RMR s established procedures. All staff must follow all established guidelines, procedures, and reporting requirements.
* Maintain and develop as requested written standard operating procedures for building operations.
* Ensure that mechanical/electrical system maintenance is being performed.
* Life Safety issues including proper training of building staff and a written record of all testing and alarm activations.
* Follow Risk Management guidelines as defined by RMR s Director of Risk Management.
* Ensure that tenant services are provided according to all lease documents.
* Assist in the oversight of all construction/tenant improvements (including proper documentation).
* Oversee all contracts/vendors (including proper documentation).
* Assist in the oversight of the energy management program and monitor utility usage.
* Supervise, train and motivate building staff.
* Assist with portfolio leasing activities.
TENANT CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
Work with the Area Director of Engineering as necessary on construction/engineering activities including:
* Assist as necessary in the coordination of construction work and its impact on the property.
* Attend or designate an attendee to all construction meetings.
* Monitor construction project progress including project close-out, finish dates, move-in dates, and budget close-out.
* Maintain summary file to include, bids, permit, Certificate of Occupancy, correspondence.
* Maintain a full set of as-built building drawings and specifications.
* Set-up and close-out Job Cost process.
* Be aware that the Regional Construction Manager and/or Area Director of Engineering should review all major construction projects before they begin.
BUILDING MANAGEMENT OFFICE PROCEDURES
Ensure efficient, courteous and professional day-to-day operation of the management office which includes:
* Authorization processes
* Correspondence and filing systems
* Purchase of goods and services
* General office operating procedures
* Service/Maintenance requests
* Specifications and bidding process
* Tenant servicing/relations
Assist with and oversight of the various aspects of the financial stability of the property(s) including maintaining budgets, yields, and the following:
* Budget-to-actual reports
* Review of recurring charges/miscellaneous billings/AP approval
* Review of rent roll for accuracy
* Interaction with accounting
* Quarterly Asset Report/Quarterly Reforecast
* Budget preparation
* Capital Planning and oversight of building improvements
* Job-cost system organization
* Interface with brokerage agents.
* Understand annual marketing plan for the portfolio and assist with space showings and inquiries from prospective tenants for information on the property.
* Assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing leasing and renewal strategies.
* Effectively coordinate leasing efforts with a team of brokers that will canvass prospective tenants and generate leads through a variety of channels.
* Ensure that vacant space preparation for marketing purposes is completed in a timely manner.
* Assist in the negotiation of lease renewals with existing tenants.
* Bachelor s degree.
* Four to eight years of experience in commercial real estate.
* Qualifying Broker s License, in good standing, for the State of Washington.
* RPA or CPM designations a plus.
* Previous supervisory experience.
* Excellent client service orientation.
* Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative and results driven environment.
* Strong proficiency with Yardi (preferable) as well as Excel and other Windows applications.