Area Manager - Luxury Retail
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Retail / Diversified Company
The Area Manager (AM), Sales is a key business partner to the General Manager at store level. They are responsible for delivery of the vision of exceptional people delivering exceptional product to our customer. They ensure their team of Product Sales Managers (PSM's) is fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between the global merchant team and our customer, striving to continually improve team and space productivity in their assigned brands or categories. The AM Sales is responsible for their PSM's achieving sales and productivity targets while, upholding the company's luxury brand image through managing the performance, morale and development of the sales team.
The AM Sales is a member of the senior team responsible for crafting, leading and delivering approved location specific strategies aligned with the execution and achievement of Company targets, strategic goals and initiatives.
Drive Store Productivity & Service Experience
* Prepare and execute approved store productivity plans that achieve or exceed customer penetration, spend targets and grow market share
* Lead a group of PSM's to work effectively with Global & Division Merchants to execute the merchandising strategies in each of their areas. Ensure each PSM is fully conversant with their strategies and relevant brand, assortment, collections knowledge and effectively communicates this with their sales team. Coach, train and mentor each PSM to communicate effectively with their Merchant via monthly conference calls and email
* Drive the local promotional calendar with the Global & Division Merchants and Marketing teams. Effectively communicate and execute the Promotions in store as scheduled and agreed in the calendar.
* Ensure your PSM's communicate both opportunities and issues to merchants, with opportunities communicated directly to the Merchant Managers and Planners 6-12 months ahead of time
* Lead each PSM to take proactive steps to increase their team sales and continuously improve individual productivity of each of their team members
* Build and maintain strong relationships with joint venture partners in your location and ensure strong communication links are maintained in store. Drive delivery of consistent customer service levels across your location
* Maintain keen awareness of competitor movements and activities
* Participate in salesforecasting as requested by the General Manager
* Works as part of a team with your local senior team, Business Development, Group and Corporate Finance on the development of proposals for both existing and potential locations as/when required
* Key management participant in redevelopment activities for your retaillocation as/when required
Team ability to work with complex issue
* Able to make sound decisions with relevant facts at hand. Does not shy away from conflict
* Good problem solving skills