Area Manager - New York
The Patrón Spirits Company - New York City, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
I. Reporting Relationships
Position Reports to: State Manager
Subordinate Staff: N/A
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
II. Basic Function
Responsible for leading, directing, training and managing area distributor sales teams to execute at the field level for both on and off premise accounts. Establish programs derived from both national and local strategic initiatives for distributor sales teams to execute. The position requires the ability to evaluate, implement and execute such programs within brand strategies.
III. Essential Functions of the Job
1. Ride with distributor sales representatives three times a week, providing the opportunity to represent the Patrón portfolio, train distributor sales people, observe market activity and evaluate distributor execution against our initiatives.
2. Meet with key on- and off-premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships. Present Patrón brands, work toward achieving increased volumes and assist distributor in attaining our objectives.
3. Be visible at the distributor office, and meet with sales representatives and management to ensure pursuit of consistent objectives and strategies.
4. Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
5. Serve as the primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs, while providing support for all sales-related activities.
6. Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
7. Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams.
8. Report quarterly progress on new account listings and menu programming.
9. Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
10. Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure effective communications with and/or between distributors and third-party agencies.
11. Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor to include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
12. Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
13. Review programs and execution updates with distributor management.
14. Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
15. Complete special projects, such as verifying pricing and/or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
16. Participate in out-of-market sales blitzes.
17. Ensure that key markets have been visited during each two-month period.
18. Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including general sales meetings and meetings with individual teams.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Works with minimal supervision, and exercises a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are managing the designated area sales of The Patrón Spirits Company.
Requires degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study and two to five plus years of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry. Requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service within the industry.
1. Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with internal and external contacts.
4. Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, incl