Area Manager Trainee
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 7/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
The Area Manager is responsible for directly driving sales and profits for a multi-unit area of store locations. Oversees and ensures that the overall condition of all stores comply with company standards including but not limited to cleanliness, food services, store and food sanitation, customer service and merchandising - thereby maximizing store profitability, expense control, inventory levels and shortage control - assures every experience is fast, friendly and delicious. The Area Manager fosters a coaching environment where team members want to excel and are recognized for their achievements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drives sales and profits for a large scope of high volume, complex locations
* Coaches/develops General Managers on establishing plans to help them achieve goals
* Conducts regular store visits in accordance with Playbook to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
* Ensures that all labor management tools are effectively implemented and that labor targets are achieved. Ensures that allocated store staffing hours are properly scheduled to provide the best level of customer service
* Conducts, attends, and actively participates in monthly regional meetings as per the Playbook
* Engages with merchandising team to suggest ways to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
* Plans and implements marketing campaigns and sales promotions, and oversees merchandise displays to meet all operational excellence goals
* Monitors all store activities to ensure that customers receive exceptional customer service
* Builds strong, sales focused teams through recruiting, hiring, training and coaching to develop top performing team members
* Coaches and supervises team members in all store responsibilities
* Coaches team members on how to handle difficult and complicated situations
* Ensures all human resources policies and procedures are maintained, timely and accurate, including performance reviews, compensation transactions, new-hires, terminations, leaves, employee relations, safety and legal compliance matters
* Encourages and champions multi-unit store locations in providing friendly customer service in greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and concerns
* Serves customers by maintaining our philosophy, supported by a value proposition that every experience will be fast, friendly and delicious
* Maintains 100% in-stock operational excellence on top selling items
* Ensures store operations are current on product offerings and promotions
* Complies with any other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to review financial statements and other reports to affect change
* Demonstrated skills in leadership and customer service
* Demonstrated ability to develop and promote team members
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
* Knowledge of PDI/Verifone/Topaz preferred
* High school diploma or GED required, bachelor's degree preferred
* 3 - 5 years of management experience required.