Area Project Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Linde North America, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Project Design and Execution (new systems, upgrades, efficiency improvements, & service of existing customer installations).
* Develop required project phases and execute to fulfil project scope while ensuring that industry standards, guidelines and regulations are met, and that corporate and department standards, procedures and policies are followed.
* Develop project internal orders in accordance with company accounting procedures. Track project budget throughout project and close in accordance with company accounting procedures.
* Lead development of customer and project specific documentation for the project; installation drawings, risk assessment/HAZOPs, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSR), commissioning procedures, customer presentations/progress reports, customer turnover manual, Lessons Learned/project close-out reports, etc.
* Manage all aspects of outsourced engineering and design functions, including interface and project management of consultants, A&E firms and EPC contractors.
* Perform and/or support the design of gas handling systems including development of Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, BOMs, and gas panel drawings.
* Support Sales team at customer meetings as technical representative.
* Working with local Sales personnel, lead implementation of solutions to satisfy customer needs.
* Maintain corrective actions and maintain EMOC records for assigned projects.
* Identify potential GAP/HPO projects at assigned plants which have the ability to create cost savings and/or increases in productivity.
* Work with stakeholders to develop GAP/HPO project proposals for submittal to division management.
* Determine parameters and metrics to measure GAP/HPO savings, and apply information collection techniques to gather supporting data.
* Support the business to improve existing processes and to create new ones to become most effective and efficient.
* Ensure the sharing of best practices & lessons learned.
* Drive the organization to the usage of common tools and methods to come to quicker, more transparent, data based business decisions.
* Provide engineering and project management support to Linde manufacturing plants for new capital projects, expansion and equipment modifications.
* Travel, as required by the role (25-40%), includes travel internationally to Canada.
* GAP/HPO and Productivity Goals:
- Manage projects and implement sustainable solutions.
- Deliver successful productivity projects for RAS, across the Supply functions of BSCM, CSCM, and Tonnage operations.
- Ensure the timely execution of project execution and implementation of pragmatic, sustainable and accepted solutions. Support identification and chartering of new projects.
- Reporting & communication:
- Timely communicate and report project progress, results, and deviations from the project plan and associated risks to all relevant people within area of responsibility. Recognize and reward successes and celebrate accomplishments.
- Best practice and knowledge sharing:
- Identify, translate and promote best practices within the region, both geographically and functionally. Research and promote opportunities to replicate best practice from Six Sigma projects implemented in other Linde organizations and by benchmarking other leading organizations.
Bachelor Degree Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 3 years' industry or project experience
Certified project management professional (PMP) or PE strongly preferred
* Experience with process equipment engineering; P&IDs, process piping, pressure vessels,
instrumentation/controls, process safety reviews (HAZOP) and LOPA.
* Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD
* Highly motivated and able to self-direct
* Experience in industrial processes management is a plus
* Transactional process improvement experience is a strong plus
* Green Belt (GB) or Black Belt (BB) certification is a plus
* MBA is a plus
* Communication, facilitation, influencing, interpersonal
* Project management & planning
* MS-Office (especially Excel)
* Fluent in English
* Knowledgeable of operations bulk and tonnage organization and business processes
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!
LINDE ENSURES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION OR HARASSMENT ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ALIENAGE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL OR DOMESTIC/CIVIL PARTNERSHIP STATUS, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.