Area Sales Director 8/26/2016
Campbell Soup Company
South Plainfield, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company's most popular products are Goldfish(R) crackers, Milano(R) cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl(tm), Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread. The company is found in nearly * of homes nationwide. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961.
Responsible for transforming the strategic vision of Pepperidge Farm's business units into actionable plans to deliver AOP volume targets and critical key performance measures. Will develop strategies and provide leadership to drive business results and optimize distribution. Must lead and develop the Area Field Sales organization to include Zone Sales Managers (ZSMs) and Territory Sales Representatives (TSRs) covering New Jersey; Buffalo, NY; Rochester, NY; Syracuse, NY. Reports to, and provides input to, the Regional Vice President for area alignment.
* Lead Area Sales Division and deliver the Regional Operations Plan.
* Establish and communicate annual sales, stale, distribution and Building Block objectives.
* Communicate retail execution standards and monitor performance to achieve business strategies.
* Accomplishes work through others and ensures key deliverables are done right, on time and reflect 'Cut Above' performance.
* Develop strategies and tactics to deliver targeted business results versus established AOP objectives.
* Clearly communicate Regional strategies for flawless ZSM/TSR execution by Zone.
* Continuously analyze sales, merchandising programs, retail trends and competitor activity in order to adjust tactics to specific account, market and competitive information.
* Implement plans and adjustments proactively based on this data.
* Develop and communicate a Quarterly Action Plan to ZSMs. Recommend, collaborate and align on strategy and tactics utilizing all relevant market, operational and customer information.
* Ensure Action Plans are cascaded quarterly to TSRs and SDAs to drive alignment and execution .
* Penetrate and establish customer relationships with elevated levels of management through focused compression selling to drive profitable sales for both the customer and Pepperidge Farm (Customer JBP). Business Development/Strategy
* Design and implement Go to Market strategies and utilize business analytics to inform or drive key business issues/plans related to base products and/or innovation, marketing activation and retail execution in partnership with cross-functional business partners.
* Synthesize and integrate marketplace insights to inform on current issues and opportunities/challenges and provide direction to both direct reports and cross-functional teams.
* Direct Zone Sales Managers and advise independent distributors to create holistic in-market plans.
* Lead customer development within assigned area with an emphasis on designing and maintaining a customer wiring plan for the purpose of compression selling.
* Maintain and bolster headquarter connectivity to ensure cross-functional collaboration.
* Establish and reinforce route development plans to achieve connectivity with independent distributors. Leadership and People Development
* Develop a diverse, engaged, highly capable, promotable and skilled field sales force that is focused on delivering Cut Above results.
* Build organizational bench strength by sourcing, nurturing and retaining top talent by ensuring successful onboarding and training completion and aiding in the establishment of Individual Development Plans for Zone Sales Managers and Territory Sales Representatives that will help prepare them for future roles which will include cross-functional training.
* Lead in setting a long and short term vision for the Area Sales team and ensure execution at all levels (ZSM-TSR-ID) in order to deliver the Regional Operations Plan.
* Ensure that ZSM's and TSR's drive engagement with our internal and external customers by facilitating effective Joint Business Planning sessions and compression calls that provide solutions to their business needs.
* Lead independent distributor performance and accountability including performance management of the distributors leveraging the BDS (Business Development System).
* Drive passionate business ownership at all levels (ZSM, TSR and ID) by setting ongoing direction and providing clear and concise communication to ensure that Best Practice Standards are met for service, display execution, distribution targets, and other key metrics utilizing available applications/tools and Regional scorecards.
* Lead, develop and own the Retail Operations Plan and establish regional strategies
* Develop team members to ensure a high-performing sales organization
* Collaborate with other functions to develop and execute programs. Lead communication of specific customer plans to team.
* Minimum education required: BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Education desired: MBA preferred
* Years of relevant experience: 10+ years DSD sales experience with minimum 5 years managing manager
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
* Leadership skills/role model
* Strategic Thinking
* Team Building
* Conflict Management
* Process and change management knowledge
* Selling skills
* Advanced analytical
* Coach, train, develop people
* Normal office environment
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.