Area Sales Manager - Food Service
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position will support a Sales Director, Regional Sales Manager, or National Accounts Manager in the Metro New York or Philadelphia area. The individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships with key customers through daily corporate to corporate contact to communicate pricing, product availability, and order management. The primary responsibility will be introducing and placing new products with customers, acting as a liaison with broker partner, executing organizational initiatives, executing promotional programs and strategies, and driving sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
50% Direct Sales Responsibility
* Accountable for achieving budgeted sales of consumer goods to key customers who are within a specific geographic area.
* Liaison with broker partner to drive retail execution at the store level.
* Maintain business with existing accounts for continued growth.
30% Communications and Product Management
* Maintain current knowledge of Smithfield Farmland s product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
* Develop working relations with personnel at various levels in order to communicate product availability, logistics information, product specifications, and pricing as needed.
15% Customer Service Issues
Ensure prompt and equitable disposition of customer complaints or problems; this may require communication with corporate headquarters.
5% Sales Support
* Serves as backup for other sales associates as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree (B. A.) in Business Management or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years related food sales experience [direct, broker, and/or distributor] or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A dedication and commitment to driving sales performance and value added solutions for our customers.
* A customer focus to maintain accounts with ability to develop new accounts.
* Attention to detail and follow up skills.
* Ability to understand the dynamics of the food industry and how the account is positioned in the foodservice channel.
* Excellent communication skills; strong oral and written language skills.
* Must have a solid understanding of fact based selling.
* Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time.
* Must possess a valid driver s license.
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software, Apple software, and prefer SAP ERP.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequently required to drive
* Give customer presentations
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Individual selected will work out of home or our Sales Office.
SCOPE/IMPACT OF JOB:
* Estimated volume: 2,000,000 10,000,000 lbs.
* Estimated dollar sales: $4,000,000 $20,000,000.